Diwali bonanza for railway staff: 77 days` wages as bonus
New Delhi: In a Diwali bonanza for nearly 13
lakh railway employees, government on Tuesday decided to give 77
days wage as productivity linked bonus to all non-gazetted
staff of the largest PSU.
The union cabinet approved the proposal of the Railway
Ministry for payment of bonus equivalent to 77 days wages for
the fiscal 2009-10 for all non-gazetted railway employees.
The decision would benefit about 12.92 lakh non-gazetted
railway employees and this will be the highest
productivity-linked bonus payment made by railways.
The financial implication of payment of 77 days` bonus
to railway employees has been estimated at Rs 1065.42 crore.
The wage calculation ceiling prescribed for payment of
productivity-linked bonus to eligible employees is Rs 3,500
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis