Diwali bonanza for railway staff: 77 days` wages as bonus
New Delhi: In a Diwali bonanza for nearly 13
lakh railway employees, government on Tuesday decided to give 77
days wage as productivity linked bonus to all non-gazetted
staff of the largest PSU.
The union cabinet approved the proposal of the Railway
Ministry for payment of bonus equivalent to 77 days wages for
the fiscal 2009-10 for all non-gazetted railway employees.
The decision would benefit about 12.92 lakh non-gazetted
railway employees and this will be the highest
productivity-linked bonus payment made by railways.
The financial implication of payment of 77 days` bonus
to railway employees has been estimated at Rs 1065.42 crore.
The wage calculation ceiling prescribed for payment of
productivity-linked bonus to eligible employees is Rs 3,500
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief