Diwali bonanza for railway staff: 77 days` wages as bonus
New Delhi: In a Diwali bonanza for nearly 13
lakh railway employees, government on Tuesday decided to give 77
days wage as productivity linked bonus to all non-gazetted
staff of the largest PSU.
The union cabinet approved the proposal of the Railway
Ministry for payment of bonus equivalent to 77 days wages for
the fiscal 2009-10 for all non-gazetted railway employees.
The decision would benefit about 12.92 lakh non-gazetted
railway employees and this will be the highest
productivity-linked bonus payment made by railways.
The financial implication of payment of 77 days` bonus
to railway employees has been estimated at Rs 1065.42 crore.
The wage calculation ceiling prescribed for payment of
productivity-linked bonus to eligible employees is Rs 3,500
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Rio Olympics 2016: Simona Halep too could pull out of event because of Zika fears
- 21-year-old commits suicide over morphed Facebook images
- REVEALED: How Test captain Virat Kohli played game-changing role in Anil Kumble's appointment
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to become cheaper; Circle rates reduced by 15%
- Iranians pray for peace on holy night