Diwali bonanza for railway staff: 77 days` wages as bonus
New Delhi: In a Diwali bonanza for nearly 13
lakh railway employees, government on Tuesday decided to give 77
days wage as productivity linked bonus to all non-gazetted
staff of the largest PSU.
The union cabinet approved the proposal of the Railway
Ministry for payment of bonus equivalent to 77 days wages for
the fiscal 2009-10 for all non-gazetted railway employees.
The decision would benefit about 12.92 lakh non-gazetted
railway employees and this will be the highest
productivity-linked bonus payment made by railways.
The financial implication of payment of 77 days` bonus
to railway employees has been estimated at Rs 1065.42 crore.
The wage calculation ceiling prescribed for payment of
productivity-linked bonus to eligible employees is Rs 3,500
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion