Diwali marks triumph of good over evil, light over darkness: Pranab Mukherjee
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has greeted the nation on the auspicious occasion of Diwali, saying the festival marks the triumph of hope over despair, good over evil and light over darkness.
"On the auspicious occasion of Diwali, I extend my warm greetings and good wishes to all my fellow countrymen and to all friends of India, within the country and abroad," said President Mukherjee in his message.
"Diwali marks the triumph of hope over despair, good over evil and light over darkness. The fact that it is celebrated across India by people of different faiths is a strong re-affirmation of our secular traditions. May this year`s celebration strengthen the bonds of goodwill and brotherhood between us and further promote mutual understanding," he added.
President Mukherjee appealed to the people of the country to spread the message of compassion, love, brotherhood and peace on this occasion.
"Let us, on this day, dedicate ourselves to spreading the message of compassion, love, brotherhood and peace. May this Diwali be an occasion to bring the light of happiness and joy into the lives of the needy. Let us try and make this Diwali in an eco-friendly and pollution free manner," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister