DMK backs Raja, asks Oppn to allow Parliament to function
New Delhi: After the CBI raids at former
Telecom Minister A Raja`s residences in the multi-crore 2G
spectrum scam, DMK on Wednesday asked the Opposition to allow
Parliament to function and not insist on a JPC.
"The matter is sub-judice. Now you can see that the
Centre has not tied the hands of CBI as these people
(Opposition) are telling. The inquiry is going on and now the
raid (CBI raid) is also there," DMK MP Vasanthi Stanley told
reporters outside Parliament.
CBI today carried out searches at Raja`s residences in
Delhi and Chennai besides carrying out raids at the premises
of four Telecom officials, including his personal secretary R
"It is high time for them (Opposition) to let
parliament function and not insist on JPC," she said.
To a question whether the party still supports Raja,
she said "Why not? He is with us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan