DMK indirectly behind Rajiv assassination: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: The DMK was indirectly behind the assassination of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi by the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa said on Tuesday.
"I have been living under the LTTE threat since 1991," Jayalalithaa said, addressing her first press conference since her AIADMK routed the DMK in the Assembly polls.
She was answering a question on whether former LTTE leader and arms procurer Selvarasa Pathmanathan alias KP had indeed said that the Tigers would have killed Jayalalithaa if they had a chance.
"We have always said DMK is behind Rajiv Gandhi`s assassination indirectly," said the Chief Minister who for years has taken a stridently anti-LTTE stand.
A LTTE woman suicide bomber killed Gandhi on May 21, 1991 in Sriperumbudur town near Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III