DMK indirectly behind Rajiv assassination: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: The DMK was indirectly behind the assassination of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi by the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa said on Tuesday.
"I have been living under the LTTE threat since 1991," Jayalalithaa said, addressing her first press conference since her AIADMK routed the DMK in the Assembly polls.
She was answering a question on whether former LTTE leader and arms procurer Selvarasa Pathmanathan alias KP had indeed said that the Tigers would have killed Jayalalithaa if they had a chance.
"We have always said DMK is behind Rajiv Gandhi`s assassination indirectly," said the Chief Minister who for years has taken a stridently anti-LTTE stand.
A LTTE woman suicide bomber killed Gandhi on May 21, 1991 in Sriperumbudur town near Chennai.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'