DMK pullout: Congress core group meet underway
New Delhi: In order to straighten out the situation after DMK, a key ally quit United Progressive Alliance (UPA) over the Sri Lanka issue, Congress core group met on Tuesday.
The meeting is being attended by UPA chief Sonia Gandhi, Congress in charge of Tamil Nadu Ghulam Nabi Azad, Finance Minister P. Chidambaram, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
The core group meeting was necessitated after DMK pulled out of the UPA government for allowing `watering down` of the US resolution against Sri Lanka at the UNHRC and not considering its suggestions on the matter.
However giving a window to the Congress, Karunanidhi said that if the UPA government accepts their demands by Friday and reworks the resolution against Sri Lanka then he may do a rethink on withdrawing support.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!