DMK pullout: Congress core group meet underway
New Delhi: In order to straighten out the situation after DMK, a key ally quit United Progressive Alliance (UPA) over the Sri Lanka issue, Congress core group met on Tuesday.
The meeting is being attended by UPA chief Sonia Gandhi, Congress in charge of Tamil Nadu Ghulam Nabi Azad, Finance Minister P. Chidambaram, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
The core group meeting was necessitated after DMK pulled out of the UPA government for allowing `watering down` of the US resolution against Sri Lanka at the UNHRC and not considering its suggestions on the matter.
However giving a window to the Congress, Karunanidhi said that if the UPA government accepts their demands by Friday and reworks the resolution against Sri Lanka then he may do a rethink on withdrawing support.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi