DMK seeks removal of Chacko as chairman of JPC committee
New Delhi: The DMK on Monday sought the removal of PC Chacko as chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G spectrum allocation, alleging that he had leaked the panel`s draft report to the media.
DMK leader TR Baalu said he had given a notice of breach of parliamentary privilege against Chacko over the leakage of the JPC draft report.
"We have given privilege notice to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar against the leakage of JPC draft report by the JPC chairman," Baalu, a Lok Sabha member from Sriperumbudur, told a news agency.
The Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G scam has reportedly blamed former Telecom Minister A Raja for the spectrum allocation and cleared Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram of any wrongdoing.
He said the DMK will seek Chacko`s removal as the JPC chairman.
"We will ask for Chacko`s removal as he has lost the confidence of members," Baalu said, adding that the DMK members of the Committee would submit dissenting notes to the report.
Baalu and Rajya Sabha member Tiruchi Siva are DMK representatives on the JPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur