DMK seeks removal of Chacko as chairman of JPC committee
New Delhi: The DMK on Monday sought the removal of PC Chacko as chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G spectrum allocation, alleging that he had leaked the panel`s draft report to the media.
DMK leader TR Baalu said he had given a notice of breach of parliamentary privilege against Chacko over the leakage of the JPC draft report.
"We have given privilege notice to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar against the leakage of JPC draft report by the JPC chairman," Baalu, a Lok Sabha member from Sriperumbudur, told a news agency.
The Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G scam has reportedly blamed former Telecom Minister A Raja for the spectrum allocation and cleared Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram of any wrongdoing.
He said the DMK will seek Chacko`s removal as the JPC chairman.
"We will ask for Chacko`s removal as he has lost the confidence of members," Baalu said, adding that the DMK members of the Committee would submit dissenting notes to the report.
Baalu and Rajya Sabha member Tiruchi Siva are DMK representatives on the JPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH