DMK seeks removal of Chacko as chairman of JPC committee
New Delhi: The DMK on Monday sought the removal of PC Chacko as chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G spectrum allocation, alleging that he had leaked the panel`s draft report to the media.
DMK leader TR Baalu said he had given a notice of breach of parliamentary privilege against Chacko over the leakage of the JPC draft report.
"We have given privilege notice to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar against the leakage of JPC draft report by the JPC chairman," Baalu, a Lok Sabha member from Sriperumbudur, told a news agency.
The Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G scam has reportedly blamed former Telecom Minister A Raja for the spectrum allocation and cleared Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram of any wrongdoing.
He said the DMK will seek Chacko`s removal as the JPC chairman.
"We will ask for Chacko`s removal as he has lost the confidence of members," Baalu said, adding that the DMK members of the Committee would submit dissenting notes to the report.
Baalu and Rajya Sabha member Tiruchi Siva are DMK representatives on the JPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!