DMK seeks removal of Chacko as chairman of JPC committee
New Delhi: The DMK on Monday sought the removal of PC Chacko as chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G spectrum allocation, alleging that he had leaked the panel`s draft report to the media.
DMK leader TR Baalu said he had given a notice of breach of parliamentary privilege against Chacko over the leakage of the JPC draft report.
"We have given privilege notice to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar against the leakage of JPC draft report by the JPC chairman," Baalu, a Lok Sabha member from Sriperumbudur, told a news agency.
The Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G scam has reportedly blamed former Telecom Minister A Raja for the spectrum allocation and cleared Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram of any wrongdoing.
He said the DMK will seek Chacko`s removal as the JPC chairman.
"We will ask for Chacko`s removal as he has lost the confidence of members," Baalu said, adding that the DMK members of the Committee would submit dissenting notes to the report.
Baalu and Rajya Sabha member Tiruchi Siva are DMK representatives on the JPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic