DMK slams Katju for `baseless` allegations
Chennai: DMK Tuesday slammed former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju for his "wild and baseless" allegation that "TN partner" of the UPA lobbied for a corrupt judge.
"We wanted to ignore his wild and baseless allegations. He neither named the party nor the judge," DMK spokesperson T K S Elangovan said here.
"Vested interests" were the reason behind such allegations, he said.
The matter was taken up with party chief M Karunanidhi as it was raked up in Parliament, he said.
"Our leader (Karunanidhi) has held consultations within the party (on the matter). He will decide what needs to be done.... An appropriate move will be made by him," Elangovan said.
Katju has alleged that three Chief Justices of India made "improper compromises" during UPA rule in retaining a judge in Tamil Nadu under corruption cloud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie