DMK slams Katju for `baseless` allegations
Chennai: DMK Tuesday slammed former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju for his "wild and baseless" allegation that "TN partner" of the UPA lobbied for a corrupt judge.
"We wanted to ignore his wild and baseless allegations. He neither named the party nor the judge," DMK spokesperson T K S Elangovan said here.
"Vested interests" were the reason behind such allegations, he said.
The matter was taken up with party chief M Karunanidhi as it was raked up in Parliament, he said.
"Our leader (Karunanidhi) has held consultations within the party (on the matter). He will decide what needs to be done.... An appropriate move will be made by him," Elangovan said.
Katju has alleged that three Chief Justices of India made "improper compromises" during UPA rule in retaining a judge in Tamil Nadu under corruption cloud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’