DMK slams Katju for `baseless` allegations
Chennai: DMK Tuesday slammed former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju for his "wild and baseless" allegation that "TN partner" of the UPA lobbied for a corrupt judge.
"We wanted to ignore his wild and baseless allegations. He neither named the party nor the judge," DMK spokesperson T K S Elangovan said here.
"Vested interests" were the reason behind such allegations, he said.
The matter was taken up with party chief M Karunanidhi as it was raked up in Parliament, he said.
"Our leader (Karunanidhi) has held consultations within the party (on the matter). He will decide what needs to be done.... An appropriate move will be made by him," Elangovan said.
Katju has alleged that three Chief Justices of India made "improper compromises" during UPA rule in retaining a judge in Tamil Nadu under corruption cloud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Sushma Swaraj lashes out at Nawaz Sharif, says Pakistan will never succeed in making Kashmir a 'terror hell'
- Rajnath begins Kashmir visit, curfew lifted in parts of Valley
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg trumps Lewis Hamilton in Hungaroring chaos
- Scientists produce rare wood bison calves through IVF
- Munich pulls together after shopping mall shooting