DMK slams Katju for `baseless` allegations
Chennai: DMK Tuesday slammed former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju for his "wild and baseless" allegation that "TN partner" of the UPA lobbied for a corrupt judge.
"We wanted to ignore his wild and baseless allegations. He neither named the party nor the judge," DMK spokesperson T K S Elangovan said here.
"Vested interests" were the reason behind such allegations, he said.
The matter was taken up with party chief M Karunanidhi as it was raked up in Parliament, he said.
"Our leader (Karunanidhi) has held consultations within the party (on the matter). He will decide what needs to be done.... An appropriate move will be made by him," Elangovan said.
Katju has alleged that three Chief Justices of India made "improper compromises" during UPA rule in retaining a judge in Tamil Nadu under corruption cloud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Hurry! This company is offering Refrigerator and Air Conditioner for just Rs 49
- BMW R5 Hommage Supercharged Concept Unveiled
- Too funny! You can't miss this latest song 'Fake Ishq' from Akshay Kumar's 'Housefull 3' – Watch
- PM Modi inaugurates new passenger trains for Northeast, says government sincere about development of region
- Champions League: WOAH! Fan splurges over Rs 9,00,000 for one football ticket!