DMK to protest outside Parl on Aug 12
Chennai: The Vaiko-led MDMK Friday announced
staging a demonstration outside the Parliament on August 12, pressing for various demands on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue, including calling upon New Delhi to cancel its trade and
economic agreements with Colombo.
The party`s top policy-making bodies including the
Parliamentary Board took a decision in this effect today, and
said that Vaiko will lead the demonstration.
The protest would demand for India cancelling its trade and
economic agreements with Sri Lanka, and urge New Delhi to stop
backing Sri Lanka in international fora and express its
support for international probe against killings of Tamils in
the island nation, the resolution said.
Vaiko will also lead a hunger fast on August 17, demanding
the Tamil Nadu to uphold its rights in the Mullaperiar issue
with its neighbour Kerala and condemn the latter for its
stand on building a new dam in place of the existing one.
Tamil Nadu and Kerala are locked in a dispute over the
Mullaperiar dam, with the latter proposing to construct a new
reservoir amidst Tamil Nadu`s opposition that it will be
deprived of water if a new dam came up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!