DNA report shouldn`t influence paternity suit: ND Tiwari
New Delhi: Veteran politician ND Tiwari, who was proved by a DNA testing to be the biological father of a 32-year-old youth, on Monday pleaded in the Supreme Court that the report should not influence the trial proceeding against him in the case.
A bench comprising justices Swatanter Kumar and S J Mukhopadhaya issued a notice to the Delhi-based youth Rohit Shekhar on a plea by Tiwari seeking clarification of the apex court`s May 24 order by which the Congress leader was asked to undergo paternity test with some protection for maintaining confidentiality of the test.
Though the bench issued the notice, it told Tiwari`s counsel Anirudh Sharma that the matter will be heard by another bench, headed by justice Aftab Alam, before which the appeal against the Delhi High Court order directing him to undergo the DNA test was pending.
During the pendency of the appeal, a vacation bench had on May 24 directed 87-year-old Tiwari to give his blood sample on a paternity suit by Rohit Shekhar claiming to be his biological son.
Tiwari then was forced to undergo the paternity test and the report of CDFT (Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics) laboratory in Hyderabad concluded that he was the biological father of Rohit Shekhar.
The Delhi High Court had, in its April 27 order, ordered Tiwari to undergo the DNA test in the paternity suit and also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on the veteran leader.
The High Court had read out the report in the open court on July 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing