DNA report shouldn`t influence paternity suit: ND Tiwari
New Delhi: Veteran politician ND Tiwari, who was proved by a DNA testing to be the biological father of a 32-year-old youth, on Monday pleaded in the Supreme Court that the report should not influence the trial proceeding against him in the case.
A bench comprising justices Swatanter Kumar and S J Mukhopadhaya issued a notice to the Delhi-based youth Rohit Shekhar on a plea by Tiwari seeking clarification of the apex court`s May 24 order by which the Congress leader was asked to undergo paternity test with some protection for maintaining confidentiality of the test.
Though the bench issued the notice, it told Tiwari`s counsel Anirudh Sharma that the matter will be heard by another bench, headed by justice Aftab Alam, before which the appeal against the Delhi High Court order directing him to undergo the DNA test was pending.
During the pendency of the appeal, a vacation bench had on May 24 directed 87-year-old Tiwari to give his blood sample on a paternity suit by Rohit Shekhar claiming to be his biological son.
Tiwari then was forced to undergo the paternity test and the report of CDFT (Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics) laboratory in Hyderabad concluded that he was the biological father of Rohit Shekhar.
The Delhi High Court had, in its April 27 order, ordered Tiwari to undergo the DNA test in the paternity suit and also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on the veteran leader.
The High Court had read out the report in the open court on July 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof