DNA test to confirm identity of Bitti Mohanty
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Odisha Director General of Police BB Mohanty’s son and rape convict Bitti is likely to undergo a DNA test on Wednesday so that his identity could be confirmed scientifically.
Ever since his arrest, Bitti has been maintaining that he is Raghav Rajan, who hails from Andhra Pradesh.
The Rajasthan police, which is contemplating to conduct a DNA test on Bitti to establish his real identity, is likely to face a problem because his parents are missing since he was arrested by Kerala police last week.
The Rajasthan police had earlier confirmed his identity as Bitti Mohanty and is also seeking his custody.
His identity was also confirmed by a Sub-Inspector Hemander Sharma, who had earlier arrested Bitti in Alwar city.
Sharma told the Kerala police officials that the man in their custody is none-other-than Bitti.
Kerala police last week arrested a man called Raghav Rajan for alleged impersonation and forgery. After initial investigation, it was found that Raghav Rajan is none other than Bitti, who was convicted for raping a German woman.
Bitti created the fake identity of Raghav Rajan to hoodwink the police and managed to evade law for six years.
Till his arrest, Bitti was working with the State Bank of Travancore as a probationary officer.
Bitti is the son of BB Mohanty, a former director general of police in Odisha. He was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment in 2006 for raping a 26-year-old German woman in Alwar. He jumped parole the same year and had been on the run ever since.
He had secured the bank job using the name Raghav Raj and had documents that showed he hails from Andhra Pradesh.
BB Mohanty was accused of aiding his son`s escape and was suspended but later reinstated. He retired in 2012.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday