DNA test to confirm identity of Bitti Mohanty
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Odisha Director General of Police BB Mohanty’s son and rape convict Bitti is likely to undergo a DNA test on Wednesday so that his identity could be confirmed scientifically.
Ever since his arrest, Bitti has been maintaining that he is Raghav Rajan, who hails from Andhra Pradesh.
The Rajasthan police, which is contemplating to conduct a DNA test on Bitti to establish his real identity, is likely to face a problem because his parents are missing since he was arrested by Kerala police last week.
The Rajasthan police had earlier confirmed his identity as Bitti Mohanty and is also seeking his custody.
His identity was also confirmed by a Sub-Inspector Hemander Sharma, who had earlier arrested Bitti in Alwar city.
Sharma told the Kerala police officials that the man in their custody is none-other-than Bitti.
Kerala police last week arrested a man called Raghav Rajan for alleged impersonation and forgery. After initial investigation, it was found that Raghav Rajan is none other than Bitti, who was convicted for raping a German woman.
Bitti created the fake identity of Raghav Rajan to hoodwink the police and managed to evade law for six years.
Till his arrest, Bitti was working with the State Bank of Travancore as a probationary officer.
Bitti is the son of BB Mohanty, a former director general of police in Odisha. He was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment in 2006 for raping a 26-year-old German woman in Alwar. He jumped parole the same year and had been on the run ever since.
He had secured the bank job using the name Raghav Raj and had documents that showed he hails from Andhra Pradesh.
BB Mohanty was accused of aiding his son`s escape and was suspended but later reinstated. He retired in 2012.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"