Do homework before taking on Congress in media debate: Modi to partymen
New Delhi: BJP Election Campaign Committee head Narendra Modi on Saturday asked party spokespersons and panelists to take on Congress and experts having leanings towards that party in media debates on news channels only after in-depth and comprehensive research.
A media workshop held here to educate party spokespersons, panelists and media cell office-bearers from across the country was addressed by Modi, BJP President Rajnath Singh, Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley, among others.
Modi, who was the star speaker at the conclave, asked the party spokespersons and panelists to prepare comprehensively, talk to experts, go through material on the internet before they argue on behalf of the party on an issue.
In an interesting observation, BJP`s Election Campaign Committee Chief said the media is influenced in a big way by the activity and opinion building on the social media through the day.
Sources said Modi pointed out that the editors and reporters of various newspapers today toed this line and hence there is a need to have a presence there.
He also cautioned that several news channels invite experts in their debates who have leanings towards Congress and this tilts the balance in favour of the ruling party.
This can only be countered by in-depth research by BJP spokespersons who participate on behalf of the party in such programmes.
"Do proper research and only then face the cameras. Be comprehensive in your criticism of the ruling party so that it is properly conveyed to the voters. Participate only in debates on issues on which you are well-versed and have a hold," Modi reportedly said.
Rajnath Singh asked the party leaders not to visit a TV studio just because they have been invited and even when they are not aware of the issue. Neither should party panelists say something objectionable and later reason that they said so as a question was posed to them or they got provoked, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in