Do not make comments which hurt: EC to leaders
New Delhi: Political leaders should not make comments which will hurt someone`s sentiments during the electioneering for the Lok Sabha polls, the Election Commission said on Tuesday.
Election Commissioner HS Brahma urged the campaigners of political parties and other leaders to refrain from making personal comments.
"We would appeal to all the political parties, their star campaigners and other leaders that they should not use words which will hurt somebody. They should avoid using such comments," Brahma told reporters when asked about the EC`s views on the subject.
Political leaders at times use certain comments against each other and the EC has to then intervene and issue reprimands.
The EC, which announced the schedule for the Parliamentary polls and those for the assemblies of Andhra Pradesh, Sikkim and Odisha today, said the planning of polling days spread over nine phases have been done keeping in mind the aim to ensure that the maximum number of voters come out to vote.
CEC Sampath said the poll panel has also taken care and prepared the schedule in such a manner that the vulnerable sections of voters are amply enabled to participate in the electoral process. The Naxal-affected areas will go to polls on two days -- April 10 and May 16.
"While deciding for poll dates in Naxal affected areas we have to take care of security arrangements, the movement of security forces. We want to maximise the use of these forces," Sampath said.
The Naxal affected states of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Bihar will also see a heavy deployment of central paramilitary and state police forces for not only securing the polling booths but for also giving security cover to poll parties and officials.
The EC has had long deliberations with the Union Home Ministry, chiefs of paramilitary forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP and CISF to ensure fool proof polling in these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum