Do not use my name to protest against politicians: Anna Hazare
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare said on Monday that protesters should not use his name to show their anger against politicians. He also condemned throwing of black ink on AAP leaders Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan in Delhi.
Talking to a news channel, Anna added that tainted people should not be allowed to become lawmakers. However, he said that despite lot of anger in this political atmosphere, such kind of act is not the right way to show anger.
A man claiming to be a political activist from Maharashtra, Nachiketa Walnekar, threw ink at Kejriwal while he was addressing a press conference regarding a letter that Anna had written to him last night asking him whether funds collected during Lokpal movement was being used for AAP`s campaigning for the upcoming Delhi Assembly elections.
Kejriwal was sitting behind a table along with party leaders Prashant Bhushan and Manish Sisodia.
Walnekar said he was a supporter of Hazare and was angry with the way Kejriwal disbanded the India Against Corruption movement, which was at the forefront of the anti-corruption movement started in 2011.
"Anna Hazare never wanted the movement to end and Arvind Kejriwal has misused the name of Anna Hazare," Walnekar told reporters after AAP workers handed him over to police.
He also said that it was the Lok Sabha which can pass the Jan Lokpal Bill and not a state Assembly. Arvind Kejriwal had earlier said that he will pass the Jan Lokpal Bill after forming the government.
Anna in his letter to Kejriwal had said that he had no idea about what happened to the funds accumulated during the Lokpal movement which he had led. He further wrote that those funds should not be used for elections.
On the other hand, Kejriwal today denied that the funds raised during the movement had been spent on his party`s campaign for the Delhi elections.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing