Doctor rapes ICU patient in Navi Mumbai
Mumbai: A 26-year-old doctor of a private hospital in Navi Mumbai was arrested for allegedly raping a woman admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital, police said today.
The accused, Vishal Vanne, resident medical officer of Lotus Hospital in Vashi, has been accused of raping the 30-year-old married woman in ICU on Saturday night, police
The victim, a resident of Ghansoli in Navi Mumbai, was admitted to the hospital after she complained of giddiness and fatigue. She was initially kept in the general ward, but was
later shifted to ICU when her condition turned critical.
"The lady was in a semi-conscious state and could comprehend that she was being raped but could not resist the accused or raise an alarm due to weakness," investigating
officer Rajkumar Chapekar said.
The victim narrated the incident to her husband yesterday morning, after which a complaint was lodged. According to police, preliminary medical reports have confirmed rape.
Vanne, who has been employed with the hospital since last December, would be produced before a local court later today. Meanwhile, the victim`s husband has demanded that a case should be registered against the owners of the hospital for security lapse inside the ICU.
"There were no security personnel or nurses inside the ICU. Two other patients inside the unit were fast asleep due to heavy medication. We would investigate into this," Chapekar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi