Doctor rapes ICU patient in Navi Mumbai
Mumbai: A 26-year-old doctor of a private hospital in Navi Mumbai was arrested for allegedly raping a woman admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital, police said today.
The accused, Vishal Vanne, resident medical officer of Lotus Hospital in Vashi, has been accused of raping the 30-year-old married woman in ICU on Saturday night, police
The victim, a resident of Ghansoli in Navi Mumbai, was admitted to the hospital after she complained of giddiness and fatigue. She was initially kept in the general ward, but was
later shifted to ICU when her condition turned critical.
"The lady was in a semi-conscious state and could comprehend that she was being raped but could not resist the accused or raise an alarm due to weakness," investigating
officer Rajkumar Chapekar said.
The victim narrated the incident to her husband yesterday morning, after which a complaint was lodged. According to police, preliminary medical reports have confirmed rape.
Vanne, who has been employed with the hospital since last December, would be produced before a local court later today. Meanwhile, the victim`s husband has demanded that a case should be registered against the owners of the hospital for security lapse inside the ICU.
"There were no security personnel or nurses inside the ICU. Two other patients inside the unit were fast asleep due to heavy medication. We would investigate into this," Chapekar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves