Doctor suspended at Hindu Rao Hospital for irregularities
New Delhi: A doctor working at the MCD-run
Bara Hindu Rao Hospital here has been suspended pending an
inquiry into allegations that he brought a medic from outside
to conduct a surgery without permission of the authorities.
During the surgery on a bladder cancer patient at the
hospital, one of the kidneys was also removed. However, MCD
Public Health Committee Chairman V K Monga said there is no
irregularities involved in that and the removal was done after
informing the relatives of the patient beforehand.
"A doctor at Hindu Rao, Dr Pathak, has been suspended and
an inquiry committee has been formed after allegations that he
brought a doctor from outside to conduct an operation at the
hospital. As per rules, he should have taken prior permission
of the authorities concerned before doing so," Monga said.
Asked about whether it was related to organ trade, he
maintained that the kidney of the cancer patient was affected
and had to be removed. "It was done after informing the
relatives of the patient," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason