Doctor suspended at Hindu Rao Hospital for irregularities
New Delhi: A doctor working at the MCD-run
Bara Hindu Rao Hospital here has been suspended pending an
inquiry into allegations that he brought a medic from outside
to conduct a surgery without permission of the authorities.
During the surgery on a bladder cancer patient at the
hospital, one of the kidneys was also removed. However, MCD
Public Health Committee Chairman V K Monga said there is no
irregularities involved in that and the removal was done after
informing the relatives of the patient beforehand.
"A doctor at Hindu Rao, Dr Pathak, has been suspended and
an inquiry committee has been formed after allegations that he
brought a doctor from outside to conduct an operation at the
hospital. As per rules, he should have taken prior permission
of the authorities concerned before doing so," Monga said.
Asked about whether it was related to organ trade, he
maintained that the kidney of the cancer patient was affected
and had to be removed. "It was done after informing the
relatives of the patient," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!