Doctor suspended at Hindu Rao Hospital for irregularities
New Delhi: A doctor working at the MCD-run
Bara Hindu Rao Hospital here has been suspended pending an
inquiry into allegations that he brought a medic from outside
to conduct a surgery without permission of the authorities.
During the surgery on a bladder cancer patient at the
hospital, one of the kidneys was also removed. However, MCD
Public Health Committee Chairman V K Monga said there is no
irregularities involved in that and the removal was done after
informing the relatives of the patient beforehand.
"A doctor at Hindu Rao, Dr Pathak, has been suspended and
an inquiry committee has been formed after allegations that he
brought a doctor from outside to conduct an operation at the
hospital. As per rules, he should have taken prior permission
of the authorities concerned before doing so," Monga said.
Asked about whether it was related to organ trade, he
maintained that the kidney of the cancer patient was affected
and had to be removed. "It was done after informing the
relatives of the patient," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why