Doctors arrive at Tihar to examine Anna
Friday: A team of doctors led by Naresh Trehan of the Vedanta Medicity on Friday arrived at the Tihar Jail to examine civil society leader Anna Hazare’s health before he begins his indefinite fast at the Ramlila Ground to press for a strong Lokpal Bill.
As per reports, Anna has not eaten for over 48 hours now, but he is still fit and healthy to continue his fast at the Ramlila Maidan.
The Gandhian activist’s health is being monitored by a panel of doctors from Tihar jail and Vedanta Medicity at regular intervals.
Earlier, Arvind Kejriwal, a key Team Anna member told reporters that a team of doctors from a government hospital and those from Naresh Trehan`s Vedanta Medicity would examine Anna’s health before he leaves Tihar Jail for his fast venue.
Kejriiwal added that a medical team would be with Anna at all times at the Ramlila ground, which is being made ready for his anti-corruption fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family