Document leak case: Retd Wing Commander arrested
New Delhi: CBI has arrested a retired Wing Commander of Indian Air Force for his alleged involvement in leaking confidential documents, which were later provided by estranged associate of arms dealer Abhishek Verma to the agency.
CBI sources said the retired official of IAF was taken into custody late Thursday night in connection with leaking the documents related to the force.
The agency sources said the retired officer is being questioned with regards to his association with Verma and his partners.
They said his role had come to light during the call details analysis and statements of Verma.
Meanwhile, the CBI will file its charge sheet in connection with alleged leak of confidential documents before the special CBI court here.
The sources said that agency might give details of his role in the chargesheet in the case.
They said the Home Ministry directive giving the go-ahead for filing of chargesheet has been received by the agency, and it may file chargesheet in the case before a special CBI court today.
The CBI had registered a case against Verma and unknown government officials after a formal complaint was received from the Defence Ministry stating that documents purportedly provided by US-based attorney C Edmond Allen, Verma`s business associate, were classified and violated the Official Secrets Act (OSA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj