Does PM want BJP to act as cheerleaders inside Parliament: Rajnath Singh
New Delhi: Launching a scathing attack on the Congress-led UPA Government over several scams and repeated parliamentary disruptions, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) PresidentRajnath Singh on Tuesday poked fun at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying does he want leaders of the main opposition party to be cheerleaders inside Parliament.
Singh said it is the ruling government`s responsibility to ensure a smooth functioning of Parliament.
"We are the principal opposition party, we have been sent to the Parliament by the people of this country to play the role of a watchdog. You indulge in corruption of several thousand crores in the Commonwealth Games, several lakh crores in coal block allocations, several lakh crores scandal in 2G spectrum scam," said Singh.
"Does the Prime Minister want the Bharatiya Janata Party to act as cheerleaders inside Parliament? The Bharatiya Janata Party has played its role in both houses of Parliament, the responsibility which has been entrusted to it by the people of this country as the principal opposition party," he added.
The BJP President also used the occasion to target the UPA Government over the Indian economy`s deteriorating condition.
"The Congress-led UPA Government, our Prime Minister says that the economic crisis in India is due to the global economic trend. The Bharatiya Janata Party does not believe this," said Singh.
"The Bharatiya Janata Party believes that the economic crisis is due to the government`s wrong economic policies, wrong economic planning, wrong intention and corruption," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’