Domestic, global issues to figure in model United Nations
Chennai: A number of key domestic and global issues ranging from weaponisation of outer space, situation in the Middle East to creating reserve currency system and right to protest would be discussed by students of top institutions at a model United Nations here from February 22.
Organised by SRM University in collaboration with UN Information Centre, the three-day meet would be attended by students of IITs, NITs, Delhi University, Anna University and others.
"This will not only help the delegates in learning about these global problems but also see how these geo-political scenarios develop and change in real world," organisers of SRMMUN (SRM Model United Nations) said.
The event would also enable delegates to learn the art of negotiation and diplomacy, they said adding that the response for the 2013 version of SRMMUN was "huge".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony