Domestic, global issues to figure in model United Nations
Chennai: A number of key domestic and global issues ranging from weaponisation of outer space, situation in the Middle East to creating reserve currency system and right to protest would be discussed by students of top institutions at a model United Nations here from February 22.
Organised by SRM University in collaboration with UN Information Centre, the three-day meet would be attended by students of IITs, NITs, Delhi University, Anna University and others.
"This will not only help the delegates in learning about these global problems but also see how these geo-political scenarios develop and change in real world," organisers of SRMMUN (SRM Model United Nations) said.
The event would also enable delegates to learn the art of negotiation and diplomacy, they said adding that the response for the 2013 version of SRMMUN was "huge".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy