`Donations for Anna should return to his trust`
New Delhi: Claiming that Anna Hazare will be
unable to run the anti-graft campaign on his own if resources
are controlled by Arvind Kejriwal, Gandhian`s ex-blogger Raju Parulekar on Monday demanded the donations collected in the
former`s name should be returned to the trust in Ralegan
Parulekar, who fell out with Hazare after the Gandhian
distanced himself from his claim on restructuring the Core
Committee, also claimed that Hazare went on a vow of silence
as he did not want to go to Hisar for campaigning.
"The money collected in the name of Hazare should be
returned to the trust in Ralegan Siddhi. Presently this is
lying with Kejriwal`s trust. Many people donated because they
knew Hazare`s integrity and not because of the issue of Jan
"With proper accounts, these money should be returned to
the Trust run by Hazare. The money should be with Hazare. He
wants to run the movement. But for running a movement you need
public support and resources. The resources are not with
Hazare now and it is with Arvind," he told reporters here.
Earlier, Hazare had said it was decided that the money
collected for his movement will be deposited in the accounts
of Public Cause Research Foundation run by Kejriwal.
Asked about Hisar campaign, Parulekar said Hazare did not
want to go there but there was pressure on him to do so.
"So he (Anna) went to `maun vrat`. So many people were
pressurising him. To avoid pressure, he went on a vow of
silence," he said.
"They used to make him do many things. They used to
pressurise him saying if he did not do this, Jan Lokpal Bill
will be in danger and all," Parulekar said, adding that there
were differences in thinking of Hazare and his team members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur