`Donations for Anna should return to his trust`
New Delhi: Claiming that Anna Hazare will be
unable to run the anti-graft campaign on his own if resources
are controlled by Arvind Kejriwal, Gandhian`s ex-blogger Raju Parulekar on Monday demanded the donations collected in the
former`s name should be returned to the trust in Ralegan
Parulekar, who fell out with Hazare after the Gandhian
distanced himself from his claim on restructuring the Core
Committee, also claimed that Hazare went on a vow of silence
as he did not want to go to Hisar for campaigning.
"The money collected in the name of Hazare should be
returned to the trust in Ralegan Siddhi. Presently this is
lying with Kejriwal`s trust. Many people donated because they
knew Hazare`s integrity and not because of the issue of Jan
"With proper accounts, these money should be returned to
the Trust run by Hazare. The money should be with Hazare. He
wants to run the movement. But for running a movement you need
public support and resources. The resources are not with
Hazare now and it is with Arvind," he told reporters here.
Earlier, Hazare had said it was decided that the money
collected for his movement will be deposited in the accounts
of Public Cause Research Foundation run by Kejriwal.
Asked about Hisar campaign, Parulekar said Hazare did not
want to go there but there was pressure on him to do so.
"So he (Anna) went to `maun vrat`. So many people were
pressurising him. To avoid pressure, he went on a vow of
silence," he said.
"They used to make him do many things. They used to
pressurise him saying if he did not do this, Jan Lokpal Bill
will be in danger and all," Parulekar said, adding that there
were differences in thinking of Hazare and his team members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka