`Donations for Anna should return to his trust`
New Delhi: Claiming that Anna Hazare will be
unable to run the anti-graft campaign on his own if resources
are controlled by Arvind Kejriwal, Gandhian`s ex-blogger Raju Parulekar on Monday demanded the donations collected in the
former`s name should be returned to the trust in Ralegan
Parulekar, who fell out with Hazare after the Gandhian
distanced himself from his claim on restructuring the Core
Committee, also claimed that Hazare went on a vow of silence
as he did not want to go to Hisar for campaigning.
"The money collected in the name of Hazare should be
returned to the trust in Ralegan Siddhi. Presently this is
lying with Kejriwal`s trust. Many people donated because they
knew Hazare`s integrity and not because of the issue of Jan
"With proper accounts, these money should be returned to
the Trust run by Hazare. The money should be with Hazare. He
wants to run the movement. But for running a movement you need
public support and resources. The resources are not with
Hazare now and it is with Arvind," he told reporters here.
Earlier, Hazare had said it was decided that the money
collected for his movement will be deposited in the accounts
of Public Cause Research Foundation run by Kejriwal.
Asked about Hisar campaign, Parulekar said Hazare did not
want to go there but there was pressure on him to do so.
"So he (Anna) went to `maun vrat`. So many people were
pressurising him. To avoid pressure, he went on a vow of
silence," he said.
"They used to make him do many things. They used to
pressurise him saying if he did not do this, Jan Lokpal Bill
will be in danger and all," Parulekar said, adding that there
were differences in thinking of Hazare and his team members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why