Don`t agree with Rahul`s remarks: Varun Gandhi
Kanpur: BJP MP Varun Gandhi on Sunday said he
"does not agree" with Congress leader Rahul Gandhi`s remarks
to US Ambassador that radicalised Hindu groups could pose a
"bigger threat" to India than terror outfits like LeT.
"I do not agree with what he (Rahul Gandhi) said and am
not convinced with the remark," Varun said here.
In the cable sent by the US embassy in New Delhi,
Ambassador Timothy Roemer said during a conversation at a
lunch hosted by Prime Minister for US Secretary of State
Hillary Clinton in July, 2009, Rahul had told him that
radicalised Hindu groups pose a bigger threat than
Pakistan-based militant groups like LeT.
Varun, who was here to attend various party functions
said the only way to root out corruption from the country was
to make mandatory one year military training for the youth.
"The whole country is in the grip of corruption and only
youngsters with some military training can eliminate this" the
young leader said, adding that in Uttar Pradesh no work is
possible without greasing the palms of officials.
Varun said that there is no provision for the traders in
the state in case of needs, they are insecure, inspite of the
fact that they are one of the highest taxpayers.
He demanded that five per cent of the total tax collected
by the traders should be kept aside for traders emergency
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state