Don`t agree with Rahul`s remarks: Varun Gandhi
Kanpur: BJP MP Varun Gandhi on Sunday said he
"does not agree" with Congress leader Rahul Gandhi`s remarks
to US Ambassador that radicalised Hindu groups could pose a
"bigger threat" to India than terror outfits like LeT.
"I do not agree with what he (Rahul Gandhi) said and am
not convinced with the remark," Varun said here.
In the cable sent by the US embassy in New Delhi,
Ambassador Timothy Roemer said during a conversation at a
lunch hosted by Prime Minister for US Secretary of State
Hillary Clinton in July, 2009, Rahul had told him that
radicalised Hindu groups pose a bigger threat than
Pakistan-based militant groups like LeT.
Varun, who was here to attend various party functions
said the only way to root out corruption from the country was
to make mandatory one year military training for the youth.
"The whole country is in the grip of corruption and only
youngsters with some military training can eliminate this" the
young leader said, adding that in Uttar Pradesh no work is
possible without greasing the palms of officials.
Varun said that there is no provision for the traders in
the state in case of needs, they are insecure, inspite of the
fact that they are one of the highest taxpayers.
He demanded that five per cent of the total tax collected
by the traders should be kept aside for traders emergency
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day