Don’t attach properties of Dawood`s kins: HC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked
the Centre not to go ahead, for the time being, with
confiscation of properties belonging to the mother and the
sister of fugitive underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
A bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv
Khanna had earlier refused to stay the single judge`s order
allowing Centre to attach properties of Dawood`s mother Amina
Bi and his sister Hasina Ibrahim Parker.
The bench today asked the Centre not to confiscate their
properties for the time being and fixed the matter for hearing
on September 6, the next date of hearing.
The court was hearing an appeal filed by Amina Bi and
Hasina Ibrahim Parker against the order of a single judge
bench allowing the Centre to confiscate their properties
in Mumbai by August 14.After being informed that the Centre has not so far taken
the possession of properties, the bench asked it to wait
till the next date of hearing.
Earlier, the court had, however, refused to stay its
single-judge bench order upholding the Centre`s decision to
forfeit the properties.
While pleading to the division bench to stay the Centre`s
order, Parker`s counsel Bahar U Burqui said the single judge
order was "erroneous".
In all, there are seven residential properties in their
name. Of this, two are in the mother`s name and five with the
sister worth crores of rupees which government believes were
acquired with Dawood`s ill-gotten wealth.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know