Don’t attach properties of Dawood`s kins: HC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked
the Centre not to go ahead, for the time being, with
confiscation of properties belonging to the mother and the
sister of fugitive underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
A bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv
Khanna had earlier refused to stay the single judge`s order
allowing Centre to attach properties of Dawood`s mother Amina
Bi and his sister Hasina Ibrahim Parker.
The bench today asked the Centre not to confiscate their
properties for the time being and fixed the matter for hearing
on September 6, the next date of hearing.
The court was hearing an appeal filed by Amina Bi and
Hasina Ibrahim Parker against the order of a single judge
bench allowing the Centre to confiscate their properties
in Mumbai by August 14.After being informed that the Centre has not so far taken
the possession of properties, the bench asked it to wait
till the next date of hearing.
Earlier, the court had, however, refused to stay its
single-judge bench order upholding the Centre`s decision to
forfeit the properties.
While pleading to the division bench to stay the Centre`s
order, Parker`s counsel Bahar U Burqui said the single judge
order was "erroneous".
In all, there are seven residential properties in their
name. Of this, two are in the mother`s name and five with the
sister worth crores of rupees which government believes were
acquired with Dawood`s ill-gotten wealth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’