Don’t be under confident regarding China: IAF
New Delhi: Indian Air Force (IAF) Air Chief Marshal PV Naik Friday downplayed China`s sale of fighter jets to Pakistan and said there was no need to be "under confident" with respect to China.
"When two sovereign countries (in this case China and Pakistan) interact there is no scope for a third country. It is up to them (China) to sell it... Why are you so under confident? Our country is strong enough," Naik told reporters on the sidelines of the 49th Indian Aerospace Medicine Conference.
China has signed a contract with Pakistan to sell at least 36 advanced J-10 fighter jets in a deal worth $1.4 billion. The J-10 is a multi-role fighter configured for air-to-air and air-to-ground missions.
Aviation experts say the design is based on the cancelled Israeli Lavi lightweight fighter and that Israel provided the technology for the fighter`s fly by wire controls. It is powered by a Russian engine. The J-10 entered service with the Chinese Air Force in 2003.
"Your Army, Navy and Air Force will look after the interests of the country. You (media) do not worry about it and do not make others worry about it," Naik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das