Don`t block parents` release: Nalini`s daughter to Rahul
London: The daughter of Nalini and Murugan, two of the seven convicted killers of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, on appealed to Rahul and Priyanka Gandhi not to block an opportunity for her to reunite with parents after 23 years.
"Obviously their family, Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi, they know how much pain you go through when you do not have your loved ones. I believe there is an opportunity for me to have them and please do not stop that," said Harithra, who is studying in London.
"I am begging you please do not stop that, that would be the best thing they could do for me," she told a TV-channel.
Her remarks came in response to Indian Supreme Court`s decision to stay the release of three convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case by the Tamil Nadu government, saying there have been procedural lapses on the part of the state.
"I am very upset and disappointed to hear that this morning, because yesterday when this news came out that they are going to be released I was very excited that somebody could give them back to me after 23 years and I have had a terrible time without my parents," she said.
Besides Santhan, Murugan and Perarivalan, who earned a major reprieve on February 18 from the apex court which spared them from gallows, Nalini, Robert Pious, Jayakumar and Ravichandran are the other four convicts whose release was decided by the Tamil Nadu government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest