Don`t bow down to pressure: Govt tells newly induc
New Delhi: The Government Thursday asked newly selected bureaucrats to be upright while facing pressures that might come from various quarters during their service and act as agents of change.
Addressing a batch of probationers of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) here today, Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, V Narayanasamy also told the young civil servants to firmly have it in their mindset that they are for serving the people at the grassroots level.
The Minister told the probationers they are the agents of change and people would look up to them for resolution of their problems as also for improving their quality of life.
Noting that pressures would come for the civil servant from various quarters, he said the officers needed to be upright and upholders of law.
He emphasised the need for updation of knowledge on a regular basis so as to improve the quality of delivery of services.
Narayanasamy said Government is liberal when it comes to bona-fide mistakes but dishonesty cannot be tolerated at all.
The Minister outlined the various steps taken by Government recently in tackling corruption at various levels of governance.
During the interaction, the trainee officers raised questions like the security of their tenure while working at the field level as also issues related to improvement in Governance at district level.
The probationers are on a visit to the capital as part of training. The group consisted of 160 trainees, including 158 IAS officer trainees of 2011 batch and 2 trainees of Royal Bhutan Civil Services, a release of the Department of Personnel and Training(DoPT) said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested