Don`t bow down to pressure: Govt tells newly induc
New Delhi: The Government Thursday asked newly selected bureaucrats to be upright while facing pressures that might come from various quarters during their service and act as agents of change.
Addressing a batch of probationers of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) here today, Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, V Narayanasamy also told the young civil servants to firmly have it in their mindset that they are for serving the people at the grassroots level.
The Minister told the probationers they are the agents of change and people would look up to them for resolution of their problems as also for improving their quality of life.
Noting that pressures would come for the civil servant from various quarters, he said the officers needed to be upright and upholders of law.
He emphasised the need for updation of knowledge on a regular basis so as to improve the quality of delivery of services.
Narayanasamy said Government is liberal when it comes to bona-fide mistakes but dishonesty cannot be tolerated at all.
The Minister outlined the various steps taken by Government recently in tackling corruption at various levels of governance.
During the interaction, the trainee officers raised questions like the security of their tenure while working at the field level as also issues related to improvement in Governance at district level.
The probationers are on a visit to the capital as part of training. The group consisted of 160 trainees, including 158 IAS officer trainees of 2011 batch and 2 trainees of Royal Bhutan Civil Services, a release of the Department of Personnel and Training(DoPT) said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre