Don’t count chickens before they hatch: Cong to NDA
New Delhi: Taking a jibe at Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray for his comment that Sushma Swaraj is the "only deserving" prime ministerial candidate in BJP, Congress on Sunday said the NDA has the habit of "counting chickens before they hatch".
"The larger NDA suffers from a unique malady of anointing prime ministers without awaiting for people`s verdict...The NDA/BJP should not count their chickens before they hatch," Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari told a news agency.
In an interview to Sena mouthpiece `Saamana`, Thackeray has said Swaraj, the leader of opposition in Lok Sabha, is the only leader in the ally BJP who would make a "deserving" prime minister.
"At present there is only one person who is intelligent, brilliant - Sushma Swaraj," Thackeray said.
Reacting cautiously to Sena chief`s comment, BJP leader Balbir Punj said his party has a "number of competent leaders" who are capable of becoming prime ministers.
Tewari said, "While in 2007 there was one prime minister- in-waiting (in NDA), by 2012 the numbers are multiplying at a rate that defies the logic of calculation".
In a sarcastic remark, AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh said since Swaraj`s name has been proposed by Shiv Sena as NDA`s prime ministerial candidate, she should now clear what is her party`s stand on attack on migrants from Bihar and UP in Maharashtra by Sena and MNS workers.
"Would BJP clear its stand on Shiv Sena and MNS` views on migrants from Bihar and UP? Particularly Sushma Swaraj, as she is their PM candidate now," Singh tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared