Don`t file RTI to know result details: UPSC to pre qualifiers
New Delhi: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has advised successful candidates of civil services (preliminary) examination not to file RTI applications to know the details of their results until the whole process of selection gets over.
The UPSC`s directive will have a bearing on about 16,000 candidates who have qualified this year`s Civil Services (Preliminary) test results which were made available late last night.
In a press statement, the Commission has advised the qualifiers not to file RTI applications seeking details of their marks and answer keys until the civil services exam is completed.
"Candidates are also informed that marks, cut off marks and answer keys of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2013 will be provided to them only after entire process of the Civil Services Examination are over i.e. After the declaration of final result.
"No application under RTI act, 2005 or otherwise will be entertained in this regard," it said.
The UPSC conducts the prestigious test to select officers for Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Foreign Service, among other services.
About 16,000 candidates have qualified the prelims test, according to the list containing roll numbers of successful candidates put up on the UPSC website-- www.Upsc.Gov.In.
The UPSC also puts the results of successful candidates of civil services exams (including preliminary, mains and interview) on its website once the test is over.
The marks of candidates who cleared the three-stage test held last year along with those who did not qualify the civil services (mains) examination 2012 are available on the UPSC website.
Those who have qualified this year`s pre test, which was held on May 26, have also been told to apply online at the Commission`s website again in the Detailed Application Form (DAF) for the civil services (Mains) examination.
After submitting the duly filled DAF online, the candidates are required to take out its printout and send its printed copy duly signed by him or her along with all relevant documents including the prescribed fees, wherever applicable, to the Commission, the statement said.
The detailed instruction to fill in the DAF and procedure for sending it to the Commission among other important details is available on the UPSC portal.
"It can also be delivered at Union Public Service Commission counter by hand till September 18, 2013 (5.00 PM)," it said.
The UPSC have a facilitation counter near the examination Hall Building in its campus.
Candidates may obtain any information or clarification regarding their result on all working days between 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM, in person or on Tel No 011-23385271, 011-23098543 or 011-23381125 from the facilitation counter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"