Don`t have the liberty to speak on FYUP tussle, says Smriti Irani
New Delhi: Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Smriti Irani on Tuesday refused to comment on the ongoing Four Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP) tussle between Delhi University (DU) and University Grants Commission (UGC).
"I am not at liberty to speak," said Irani.
The statement came amid criticism from the DU executive council, who are also planning a hunger strike against the UGC directive.
Earlier today Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) had put up a notice stating deferment of admission.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) had on Sunday issued a directive to DU asking it to scrap the FYUP.
The order fuelled criticism from some quarters that the UGC was trying to over step boundaries.
DU students as well as aspiring students have been facing a lot of difficulties due to ongoing tiff between the UGC and the university over the FYUP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH