Don`t hold talks with `betrayer` China: Mulayam on incursion
Lucknow: Alleging that the Centre was showing "weakness" in dealing with the issue of Chinese incursion in Ladakh, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Friday said instead of holding talks with "betrayer" China, the "intruders should be chased away".
"Centre is showing weakness on the issue of Chinese incursions... They (Chinese troops) have entered 10-20 km inside our territory... Instead of talking to China, which is a betrayer, the intruders should be chased away," Yadav said at an event at the Samajwadi Party office here.
Ridiculing the UPA government, Yadav sought to know what were intelligence agencies like IB and RAW, and external affairs and defence ministers doing as they could not get prior information about the incursions.
"Now I have heard some minister is going for talks with folded hands to request China to leave Indian territory... Will China leave now? It will not," he said.
"I have been cautioning the government for past several years and even raised the issue in Lok Sabha, which is recorded. Now, when China has intruded, the government does not have the courage to send them back," he claimed.
The SP supremo said he has been invited by the Centre to discuss the incursion issue.
"I will go to him (PM) after April 28 or maybe tomorrow evening and tell him, if asked, about my information. Why the government did not take it seriously earlier and invited me for discussion on the issue? Now, when China has intruded at 17-18 thousand feet, it will be difficult to send them back. It will not leave with talks only," he said.
Yadav said he had discussed the issue with Defence Minister AK Antony.
"I had talked to the Defence Minister on the issue. He had said that he would sort out the matter," Yadav said, adding, he had told him that he would have to resign if this was not done.
He said it was China`s history that whenever it is weak, it sits silently and when it becomes strong, it starts attacking.
"Now it has surrounded our borders by reaching Nepal and taken Sri Lanka by its side. India is target of China as it considers our country as a hurdle in its ambitions of becoming a world power," he said.
Yadav said the issue should be resolved at the earliest.
"Our Army is one of the best in the world. Our people are ready... The issue should be resolved, if needed, by chasing them (China) away," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read