Don`t jump gun on FDI, check all aspects: PDP
Jammu: Indian economy has its own character
and before taking any decision on the FDI issue, the
government should look into all pros and cons, Opposition
People`s Democratic Party (PDP) in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday
"India must develop like Europe and America but we need
to pay attention to the ground realities. Poors, who are
dependent on daily wages, shouldn`t lose their means of
livelihood by this decision. We need to pay attention to that
also," said the former chief minister and PDP patron Mufti
India has its own character as far as economy is
concerned, so instead of rushing for FDI in retail market,
government should consider all such aspects in mind, Mufti
"On the one hand, we have developed metropolitan cities
while on the other there are many backward areas where people
are lacking even basic amenities," he said.
Instead of making it a prestige issue, the government
should rather try to evolve consensus by involving all
political parties into the dialogue process on this important
matter, the PDP patron said while addressing a meeting of
senior party workers in Jammu city.
He asked the government to look into all pros and cons
before taking any decision on FDI.
It was result of the huge gap between rich and poor of
the country that farmers in some parts of the country are
forced to commit suicide, Mufti said.
"Retail market, which provides maximum employment after
agriculture, should not to be opened to big investors as the
local traders will not be able to stand the competition,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race