Don`t jump gun on FDI, check all aspects: PDP
Jammu: Indian economy has its own character
and before taking any decision on the FDI issue, the
government should look into all pros and cons, Opposition
People`s Democratic Party (PDP) in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday
"India must develop like Europe and America but we need
to pay attention to the ground realities. Poors, who are
dependent on daily wages, shouldn`t lose their means of
livelihood by this decision. We need to pay attention to that
also," said the former chief minister and PDP patron Mufti
India has its own character as far as economy is
concerned, so instead of rushing for FDI in retail market,
government should consider all such aspects in mind, Mufti
"On the one hand, we have developed metropolitan cities
while on the other there are many backward areas where people
are lacking even basic amenities," he said.
Instead of making it a prestige issue, the government
should rather try to evolve consensus by involving all
political parties into the dialogue process on this important
matter, the PDP patron said while addressing a meeting of
senior party workers in Jammu city.
He asked the government to look into all pros and cons
before taking any decision on FDI.
It was result of the huge gap between rich and poor of
the country that farmers in some parts of the country are
forced to commit suicide, Mufti said.
"Retail market, which provides maximum employment after
agriculture, should not to be opened to big investors as the
local traders will not be able to stand the competition,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley