Don`t jump to conclusion: NCP on DMK pullout
New Delhi: As DMK pulled out of the government, another UPA constituent NCP cautioned against jumping to any conclusion, noting that M Karunanidhi has stated that he would reconsider his decision if Parliament passes a resolution on Lankan Tamils issue.
"Let us not jump to any conclusion. DMK has said they would reconsider if Parliament passes a resolution on the Lankan Tamils issue," NCP Vice President Praful Patel told reporters here.
NCP, led by Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, has nine members in the Lok Sabha.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi today quit the UPA and the Union government expressing dismay on India`s stand over Sri Lanka at the United National Human Rights Council (UNHRC).
He said DMK was ready to reconsider its decision if Parliament adopted resolution against Sri Lanka before March 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode