Don`t jump to conclusion: NCP on DMK pullout
New Delhi: As DMK pulled out of the government, another UPA constituent NCP cautioned against jumping to any conclusion, noting that M Karunanidhi has stated that he would reconsider his decision if Parliament passes a resolution on Lankan Tamils issue.
"Let us not jump to any conclusion. DMK has said they would reconsider if Parliament passes a resolution on the Lankan Tamils issue," NCP Vice President Praful Patel told reporters here.
NCP, led by Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, has nine members in the Lok Sabha.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi today quit the UPA and the Union government expressing dismay on India`s stand over Sri Lanka at the United National Human Rights Council (UNHRC).
He said DMK was ready to reconsider its decision if Parliament adopted resolution against Sri Lanka before March 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley