Don`t jump to conclusion: NCP on DMK pullout
New Delhi: As DMK pulled out of the government, another UPA constituent NCP cautioned against jumping to any conclusion, noting that M Karunanidhi has stated that he would reconsider his decision if Parliament passes a resolution on Lankan Tamils issue.
"Let us not jump to any conclusion. DMK has said they would reconsider if Parliament passes a resolution on the Lankan Tamils issue," NCP Vice President Praful Patel told reporters here.
NCP, led by Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, has nine members in the Lok Sabha.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi today quit the UPA and the Union government expressing dismay on India`s stand over Sri Lanka at the United National Human Rights Council (UNHRC).
He said DMK was ready to reconsider its decision if Parliament adopted resolution against Sri Lanka before March 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says