Don`t jump to conclusion: NCP on DMK pullout
New Delhi: As DMK pulled out of the government, another UPA constituent NCP cautioned against jumping to any conclusion, noting that M Karunanidhi has stated that he would reconsider his decision if Parliament passes a resolution on Lankan Tamils issue.
"Let us not jump to any conclusion. DMK has said they would reconsider if Parliament passes a resolution on the Lankan Tamils issue," NCP Vice President Praful Patel told reporters here.
NCP, led by Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, has nine members in the Lok Sabha.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi today quit the UPA and the Union government expressing dismay on India`s stand over Sri Lanka at the United National Human Rights Council (UNHRC).
He said DMK was ready to reconsider its decision if Parliament adopted resolution against Sri Lanka before March 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!