‘Don’t let ‘general’ people grab reserved jobs’
New Delhi: States have been directed to
streamline the system of verification of caste certificates to
prevent non-SC/ST/OBC persons securing jobs meant for the
reserved category by producing false certificate, Parliament
was informed on Wednesday.
In its final action taken statement on recommendations of
Committee on the Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled
Tribes tabled in both Houses of Parliament, the Government
said it has also issued instructions that wherever it is found
that a government servant had furnished false information to
secure job, he or she should be removed from service.
It said instructions have also been issued from time to
time that verification of caste status of candidates, claiming
to belong to SC or ST, should be done at every important
up-turn of an employee`s career so that the benefit of
reservation goes only to the rightful claimant.
"The Department of Personnel and Training has sent letters
to chief secretaries of all states and Union Territories
requesting them to streamline the system of verification of
caste certificates so that unscrupulous non-SC/ST/OBC persons
are prevented from securing jobs meant for SC/ST/OBCs by
producing false certificate," it said.
The department has started receiving information about
persons who have faced actions for securing employment on the
basis of false caste certificate, the Government said.
Narrating various steps taken to ensure that vacancies
reserved for SCs and STs are filled by the candidates
belonging to these categories only, it said, "a general ban
has been imposed on de-reservation of reserved vacancies in
case of direct recruitment."
"Instructions have been that in case SC/ST candidates do
not become available to fill up vacancies reserved for these
categories in first attempt of recruitment, a second attempt
should be made for recruiting suitable candidates belonging to
the concerned category in the same recruitment year or as
early as possible before next recruitment year so that backlog
reserved vacancies is not created," the Government said.
"If, even after making such efforts, the reserved
vacancies are not filled, the vacancies are carried forward as
backlog reserved vacancies. Limit of 50 per cent on filling
up of vacancies by reservation in a year does not apply to
such backlog reserved vacancies," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow