Don’t lock horns with other parties on Twitter: Cong to its leaders
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As the Congress and the BJP slug it out on social networking site Twitter over Uttarakhand tragedy, Congress on Monday advised its leaders to refrain from making any remark against other parties.
With the rescue operations nearing the final stage in Uttarakhand, BJP leader Sushma Swaraj demanded that the Uttarakhand government be dismissed for its handling of the situation there.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari had tweeted that the BJP has mindspace to criticise government on CBI autonomy proposals, but has no time to visit Uttarakhand.
With his tweet the war of words raged on, as BJP leader Sushma Swaraj hit back saying that the reason for not visiting Uttarakhand was to do with the public statement made by Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde that any visit there by the dignitaries would hamper rescue efforts.
The Congress party’s media cell head then snuck in an opportunity to attack Sushma and tweeted that the BJP should not use the calamity as a political opportunity.
With which Sushma attacked the Congress again and tweeted, “Those who cannot govern in crisis do not deserve to be in the Government even for a day.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared