Don`t mistreat any student: CBSE to schools
New Delhi: Taking note of several incidents
of harassment of students by teachers across the country, the
Central Board of Secondary Education has advised all its
affiliated schools not to mistreat any child or parent in the
name of enforcing discipline.
"No school under the guise of enforcing discipline should
mistreat any student or parent thereof. This must be strictly
observed and enforced notwithstanding any external pressure
whatsoever," CBSE chairman Vineet Joshi has said in an
advisory to the schools.
Observing that adolescents are vulnerable to many
influences, the central education board has asked its over
10,000 affiliated schools to empower students to take informed
The advisory further states: "The schools need to be
aware of the sensitive and impressionable nature of minds of
school children and must ensure that all students,
irrespective of their differences in physical, social,
economic status or by their being differently abled are dealt
with in a dignified manner."
Noting that schools are ideological institutions and not
factories, CBSE said children must be treated as "sensitive
individuals" who need to be protected at any cost.
Several incidents of harassment of students by teachers
had been reported in the country.
In a recent case, Class XII student Himanshi Chaudhary
committed suicide here after allegedly being humiliated by her
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what