Don’t pressurise govt over Lokpal: Paswan to Anna
New Delhi: Asking Anna Hazare not to put
"undue pressure" on government over the Lokpal Bill, LJP on Monday hoped the social activist would wait for Parliament to debate
the issue and cancel his planned fast in Mumbai.
"Anna should refrain from putting undue pressure on the
Parliament. Any decision on Lokpal should not be taken in a
haste and Anna should wait at least for the debate in the
Parliament," LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan said here.
Addressing reporters on the sidelines of announcing a
day-long conference of Dalit and Minorities International
Forum on December 29, Paswan reiterated his demand for keeping
Prime Minister out of the ambit of Lokpal and maintaining
independence of CBI.
He hoped the anti-corruption crusader would call-off his
fast slated for tomorrow and wait for Parliament to debate the
"We hope Anna will call off his fast, at least till the
time Parliament is debating the issue," Paswan said.
He attacked Hazare for his statement that protests would
be organised outside Sonia and Rahul Gandhi`s residences, if
the government does not pass a strong Lokpal.
"Who gave this right to Anna Hazare to organise protest
outside anyone`s house? How can he decide on his own to
organise protest outside Sonia and Rahul Gandhi`s residences.
Anna should not provoke such sentiments in public," Paswan
He thanked all political parties for ensuring reservation
for backward classes, minorities and women in the proposed
"We have been fighting for this cause. Reservation in
Lokpal is necessary to ensure that the anti-graft body is
sensitive to the cause of people from backward classes and
minorities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM