Don`t read too much into Advani`s absence: BJP
Panaji: Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Friday said the media should not read too much into party veteran L K Advani`s absence from the office-bearers` meeting in Goa.
"Don`t try to read too much into his absence for today," Naidu said while responding to questions by reporters.
Advani would arrive in Goa on Saturday and will stay for two days to attend National Executive meeting, Naidu told mediapersons at the meeting venue.
He said Advani could not make it today because of the health problems.
"Everything is normal. Whatever party is supposed to decide they will decide in the meeting," the BJP leader said.
When pointed out that several senior leaders including Uma Bharti and Varun Gandhi will not attend the meeting, Naidu said that some leaders have their pre-occupations because of which they might not participate in the meet.
"They must have informed party president about their absence," he said.
Naidu ruled out media reports that BJP parliamentary board will meet in Goa during next three days.
The office bearers` meeting of the party would be held today evening while the National Executive meeting will be held on June 8-9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress