Don`t rush with FDI in retail: BSP
New Delhi: The BSP Tuesday expressed its doubts over foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail policy and said the Congress led UPA government should not rush with the decision.
"Poor people are anxious over the impact this policy can have on their lives. They fear the multi-national companies will take away their livelihoods. The government should not rush with it," Bahujan Samaj Party leader Dara Singh Chauhan said in the Lok Sabha during a debate on the FDI in retail.
He said the BSP will decide its final position when the issue comes up for voting on Wednesday.
He said the FDI in retail policy was a conspiracy by the foreign companies to finish jobs in India.
But he also said the party will not side with communal forces. The motion against the policy has been moved by the Bharatiya Janata Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre