Don`t rush with FDI in retail: BSP
New Delhi: The BSP Tuesday expressed its doubts over foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail policy and said the Congress led UPA government should not rush with the decision.
"Poor people are anxious over the impact this policy can have on their lives. They fear the multi-national companies will take away their livelihoods. The government should not rush with it," Bahujan Samaj Party leader Dara Singh Chauhan said in the Lok Sabha during a debate on the FDI in retail.
He said the BSP will decide its final position when the issue comes up for voting on Wednesday.
He said the FDI in retail policy was a conspiracy by the foreign companies to finish jobs in India.
But he also said the party will not side with communal forces. The motion against the policy has been moved by the Bharatiya Janata Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA