Don`t slam Modi, hail his development agenda: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP Monday said the Congress does not have the right to criticise Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s performance as he has won three elections based on his development agenda.
"The Congress which couldn`t defeat him in Gujarat on these very issues is talking about it from Delhi now," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told Times Now news channel.
She said the Prime Minister`s Office and the Planning Commission had also acknowledged Gujarat`s development.
"Therefore, substantial debate has to be on these issues and not just rhetoric," she said.
Sitharaman was replying to a Congress counter-attack on Modi for his speech Sunday accusing the ruling party of failing to address poverty and using a "veil of secularism" to cover its failures.
The Congress countered Modi by saying that Gujarat lagged behind the national average when it came to developmental statistics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Mouth-watering! World's 'longest' Vada Pao made in Gurgaon
- Hollande voices `concern` to Putin over Ukraine tension: Presidency
- Merger with Samajwadi Party difficult, can forge alliance: Mukhtar Ansari
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front