Don`t slam Modi, hail his development agenda: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP Monday said the Congress does not have the right to criticise Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s performance as he has won three elections based on his development agenda.
"The Congress which couldn`t defeat him in Gujarat on these very issues is talking about it from Delhi now," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told Times Now news channel.
She said the Prime Minister`s Office and the Planning Commission had also acknowledged Gujarat`s development.
"Therefore, substantial debate has to be on these issues and not just rhetoric," she said.
Sitharaman was replying to a Congress counter-attack on Modi for his speech Sunday accusing the ruling party of failing to address poverty and using a "veil of secularism" to cover its failures.
The Congress countered Modi by saying that Gujarat lagged behind the national average when it came to developmental statistics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars