Don`t start taking sleeping pills: Jaswant to Pranab
New Delhi: "Do not start consuming sleeping
pills," this was the advice of former Finance Minister Jaswant Singh to the present incumbent in the Finance Ministry on the
issue fiscal deficit.
Making a brief remark before the Prime Minister`s reply
in the Lok Sabha to the Motion of Thanks on the President`s
Address, the BJP member referred to Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee`s remarks that he has lost his sleep due to fiscal
"I have read in newspapers that you have lost your sleep
due to fiscal deficit. I felt bad...even by mistake you should
not start consuming sleeping pills. Fiscal deficit has taken
place...you do not listen to us...try our remedy. You can ask
my friend Shatrughan (Sinha)," he said.
He wished Mukherjee success in his efforts saying that his
success meant success for the nation.
Singh then told Prime Minister Manmohan Singh that
opposition parties were his "political adversaries" and not
enemies. "...your enemies, political or otherwise, sit behind
you and besides you. If you have to take heed, take that
He demanded a "start up fund" for Darjeeling district
Amid strains in Congress` relations with ally Trinamool
Congress, Singh referred to a statement of the Prime Minister
that the government had numbers and said the issue was not
related to numbers but credibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'