Don`t touch the RTI Act: Info Commissioners to Gov
New Delhi: Information Commissioners
strongly feel that there should be no tinkering with the RTI
Act to constrict it and instead steps should be taken to
further strengthen it.
They were of the view that "the ambit of the RTI Act
should not be constricted. It should instead be strengthened.
The RTI Act should not be amended at this stage and should be
retained as it is. It is not the time for making any amendment
in it," Chief Information Commissioner Satyananda Mishra said
Summing up the events of the two-day annual CIC
convention attended by 65 information commissioners and
experts, Mishra said a wide range of topics were discussed.
These included bringing public-private partnerships under
transparency law, its exemption clauses, pro-active
disclosures and experiences of Information Commissioners.
"Infrastructure and other services like health and
education, governments are taking PPP mode. RTI Act acts on
government funded projects... The Convention came to the
conclusion that PPP projects should be brought under the RTI
Act," he said.
He said experts were of the view that exemption
provisions of the RTI Act should be used only in exceptional
cases while disclosure of information should be the general
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?