Don`t understand why govt objecting to JPC on 2G: CPI(M)
New Delhi: CPI(M) today said it will not
relent on its demand for a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe into the 2G spectrum scam and wondered why the government was objecting to it.
"On 2G spectrum, we are very clear that there is no other
way out now particularly after the Supreme Court coming into
the picture and trying to draw in the Prime Minister," CPI(M)
Politburo member Sitaram Yechury told reporters as the party
central committee met here.
He said there is no way except for JPC probe.
"We hope the government will relent. We don`t understand
why they are objecting to it. They are saying that why don`t
you discuss it in the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).
"PAC by definition is a committee of accounts. What we
want to investigate is how did these particular accounts come
into being. What are the decisions behind that?" he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender