Don`t understand why govt objecting to JPC on 2G: CPI(M)
New Delhi: CPI(M) today said it will not
relent on its demand for a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe into the 2G spectrum scam and wondered why the government was objecting to it.
"On 2G spectrum, we are very clear that there is no other
way out now particularly after the Supreme Court coming into
the picture and trying to draw in the Prime Minister," CPI(M)
Politburo member Sitaram Yechury told reporters as the party
central committee met here.
He said there is no way except for JPC probe.
"We hope the government will relent. We don`t understand
why they are objecting to it. They are saying that why don`t
you discuss it in the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).
"PAC by definition is a committee of accounts. What we
want to investigate is how did these particular accounts come
into being. What are the decisions behind that?" he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand