Don`t use Muslims only as vote bank, say clerics
New Delhi: Top Muslims leaders and clerics Saturday warned secular parties not to use the Muslim community as their "vote bank"only but sincerely work for their socio-economic uplift and political empowernment.
"We need action, not tall promises"to empower Muslims by giving them reservation in legislatures, parliament and government jobs and ensuring justice for innocent
Muslim youth,languishing in jails without trial for years," Maulana Arshad Madni, president
of the Jamiat-Ulema Hind, said at a gathering of over 10,000 Islamic clerics who had gathered
at Talkotra Indoor Stadium to voice concern over growing communalism and denial of rights to Muslims..
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was among those in the audience who raptly listened to Maulana Arshad Madni`s comments on "Muslim vote bank". Jamiat Ahle Hadees chief Maulana Asghar Ali Imam Mehdi and Jamat Islami leader Maulana Intizar Naim were among those endorsed the Jamiat chief`s views.
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad were also invited to the conference but did not show up.
Maulana Madni said that for decades Muslims had remained socially, economically and educationally backward due to "evil intention of the ruling class and biased bureaucracy".
Secular parties have made only empty promises, but did nothing in the past six decades to redress genuine grievances of Muslims. Many commissions and committees were set up to suggest measures for removal of backwardness of Muslims, but these recommendations never get implemented.
"I fail to understand why Muslims are denied reservation when other socially and economically backward communities were granted this benefit," he stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'