Don`t vote for Congress: Anna issues video appeal
New Delhi: Anna Hazare on Friday launched his campaign against Congress in the Hisar Lok Saba by-election by asking people not to vote for the party because it has failed to bring the Jan Lokpal Bill.
Carrying out his threat issued three days ago, Hazare issued an appeal to the electorate through a CD saying Congress should be defeated.
"We have appealed to people in this polls. Congress should be defeated as it has failed to bring Jan lokpal Bill," he said in the ten-minute CD named `The Government of the Corrupt`.
According to the schedule provided by `India Against Corruption`, which is spearheading the movement, Hazare is not going to Hisar to campaign against Congress.
Activists Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai and Naveen Jaihind will leave for Hissar tomorrow and would be there till October ten, when the campaign for the election ends. Another activist Kiran Bedi would visit Hissar on October 10.
Prominent Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan, however, does not figure in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday