Don`t vote for Congress: Anna issues video appeal
New Delhi: Anna Hazare on Friday launched his campaign against Congress in the Hisar Lok Saba by-election by asking people not to vote for the party because it has failed to bring the Jan Lokpal Bill.
Carrying out his threat issued three days ago, Hazare issued an appeal to the electorate through a CD saying Congress should be defeated.
"We have appealed to people in this polls. Congress should be defeated as it has failed to bring Jan lokpal Bill," he said in the ten-minute CD named `The Government of the Corrupt`.
According to the schedule provided by `India Against Corruption`, which is spearheading the movement, Hazare is not going to Hisar to campaign against Congress.
Activists Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai and Naveen Jaihind will leave for Hissar tomorrow and would be there till October ten, when the campaign for the election ends. Another activist Kiran Bedi would visit Hissar on October 10.
Prominent Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan, however, does not figure in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttarakhand sting CD controversy: CM Harish Rawat appears before CBI
- Corruption scandal throws Brazil`s interim government into disarray
- IMF calls for 'unconditional' debt relief for Greece
- Deepika Padukone is doing THIS in 'Raabta'!
- Respect Pakistan's ''sovereignty'' but won't stop removing terrorists: US