Don`t vote for Congress: Anna issues video appeal
New Delhi: Anna Hazare on Friday launched his campaign against Congress in the Hisar Lok Saba by-election by asking people not to vote for the party because it has failed to bring the Jan Lokpal Bill.
Carrying out his threat issued three days ago, Hazare issued an appeal to the electorate through a CD saying Congress should be defeated.
"We have appealed to people in this polls. Congress should be defeated as it has failed to bring Jan lokpal Bill," he said in the ten-minute CD named `The Government of the Corrupt`.
According to the schedule provided by `India Against Corruption`, which is spearheading the movement, Hazare is not going to Hisar to campaign against Congress.
Activists Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai and Naveen Jaihind will leave for Hissar tomorrow and would be there till October ten, when the campaign for the election ends. Another activist Kiran Bedi would visit Hissar on October 10.
Prominent Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan, however, does not figure in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official