Don`t want any verbal duel with Dikshit: Patil
Chandigarh: Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil
Wednesday refused to respond to indication by Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit that he as Union Home Minister wanted the Delhi
government to delay clearance of the mercy petition file of
Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
When asked to respond to Dikshit`s hint, Patil said he
did not want to enter into any verbal duel with the Delhi
"I am here to speak on some other subject. I do not want
to get into any verbal duel (tu tu mei mei)," Patil said here
on the sidelines of a function.
On Sunday, when asked by a TV channel whether Patil had
asked her to sit over the file, Dikshit had said "may be what
you are thinking is true."
The mercy petition file of Afzal Guru was sent to the
Home Ministry by Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna last week
after receiving it from Delhi government on May 18.
The city government, whose opinion was sought by the Home
Ministry, had been dilly-dallying on the matter for nearly
four years and the capital punishment given to Pakistani
terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab in the Mumbai terror attacks case
brought the issue under fresh focus.
It was after the 16th reminder from the Union Home
Ministry seeking its opinion that the city government sent the
file to LG`s office for him to take a call in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31