Don`t want any verbal duel with Dikshit: Patil
Chandigarh: Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil
Wednesday refused to respond to indication by Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit that he as Union Home Minister wanted the Delhi
government to delay clearance of the mercy petition file of
Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
When asked to respond to Dikshit`s hint, Patil said he
did not want to enter into any verbal duel with the Delhi
"I am here to speak on some other subject. I do not want
to get into any verbal duel (tu tu mei mei)," Patil said here
on the sidelines of a function.
On Sunday, when asked by a TV channel whether Patil had
asked her to sit over the file, Dikshit had said "may be what
you are thinking is true."
The mercy petition file of Afzal Guru was sent to the
Home Ministry by Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna last week
after receiving it from Delhi government on May 18.
The city government, whose opinion was sought by the Home
Ministry, had been dilly-dallying on the matter for nearly
four years and the capital punishment given to Pakistani
terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab in the Mumbai terror attacks case
brought the issue under fresh focus.
It was after the 16th reminder from the Union Home
Ministry seeking its opinion that the city government sent the
file to LG`s office for him to take a call in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’