DoPT-IGNOU MoU for distance learning progs for govt staff
New Delhi: The Department of Personnel and
Training and IGNOU today signed an MoU to offer distance and
e-learning programmes to Government employees to enhance their
knowledge base and bring efficiency in administration.
Under the pact, Government employees can now enrol for a
wide spectrum of programmes offered by IGNOU and get their
fees reimbursed on successfully completing them.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Secretary DoPT,
Shantanu Consul and IGNOU Vice Chancellor V N Rajasekharan
The programme is open to Central employees working in
ministries, departments, attached offices and the faculty
members of State Apex Training Institutions, according to an
"The purpose of the programme is to increase the
availability and flexibility of options open to employees for
enhancing their knowledge and skills in order to improve the
functioning of Government organisations and the delivery of
services to the public," the release said.
The courses open for enrolment include short duration
specialised modules, certificate programmes, masters, PG and
PG Diploma programmes.
For certain ministry-specific courses, respective Nodal
Ministry will be represented in the course review committee.
The committee may meet from time to time to review the
course content based on the general feedback and make such
recommendations as deemed necessary, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3