DoPT-IGNOU MoU for distance learning progs for govt staff
New Delhi: The Department of Personnel and
Training and IGNOU today signed an MoU to offer distance and
e-learning programmes to Government employees to enhance their
knowledge base and bring efficiency in administration.
Under the pact, Government employees can now enrol for a
wide spectrum of programmes offered by IGNOU and get their
fees reimbursed on successfully completing them.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Secretary DoPT,
Shantanu Consul and IGNOU Vice Chancellor V N Rajasekharan
The programme is open to Central employees working in
ministries, departments, attached offices and the faculty
members of State Apex Training Institutions, according to an
"The purpose of the programme is to increase the
availability and flexibility of options open to employees for
enhancing their knowledge and skills in order to improve the
functioning of Government organisations and the delivery of
services to the public," the release said.
The courses open for enrolment include short duration
specialised modules, certificate programmes, masters, PG and
PG Diploma programmes.
For certain ministry-specific courses, respective Nodal
Ministry will be represented in the course review committee.
The committee may meet from time to time to review the
course content based on the general feedback and make such
recommendations as deemed necessary, the release said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5