Downfall of UPA govt has begun: BJP
New Delhi: Complimenting Mamata Bannerjee for the "bold stand" her party has taken by withdrawing support to UPA, BJP Tuesday claimed the downfall of the central government has started and raised questions on its stability.
"The beginning of the downfall of the UPA government has started. Practically, it is now a Congress government... After the withdrawal of support by Trinamool Congress, a serious question mark is there on the stability of this government," BJP chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here.
"We need to applaud and compliment Mamataji for taking such a bold stand, purely in the interest of the people of the country," he said.
Prasad said BJP will decide soon after consultations within and with NDA allies on whether there is a need for convening a special session of Parliament in the wake of withdrawal of TMC support to UPA.
The BJP leader said the way Mamata and her TMC collegues were forced to take this decision, it "amply indicates the supreme arrogance" of Congress.
"It is not in the DNA of Congress to have a dialogue and trust the allies and that we are seeing and noticing with repeated regularity. The sheer arrogance that `we can rule and others have to follow` is the biggest folly of the central government, which is now a Congress government."
He said the government is now increasingly drifting towards minority and "it is very important that no decision in a hurry be taken, which this government is prone to, so that people of the country continue to suffer as they have in UPA-II."
"Forget the political parties in opposition, even the allies are not taken on-board," Prasad said.
He said Mamata has reiterated BJP`s stand that the decision on FDI in retail has been taken by Congress-led UPA government in a bid to divert the attention from the "coalgate scam".
He attacked Congress for taking "unilateral decisions" and said FDI in retail decision affected over five crore people and it was taken allegedly without consultating anybody.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javdekar dubbed the Trinamool Congress` withdrawal of support from the UPA government as a reflection of "arrogance of power" in Congress.
"...This is a kind of arrogance of Congress which now is recoiling on them. That is Congress` politics," Javdekar told reporters here after the announcement of TMC chief Mamata Banerjee.
He said UPA allies have been complaining that they are not consulted on key issues.
"The Prime Minister had promised to take a decision on FDI in multi-brand retail only after consulting to allies and speaking to everyone else. But neither did he consult the Opposition not speak to everyone," the BJP spokesperson said.
"This is Congress` arrogance of power...It takes granted all allies and everybody and the whole decision of retail and diesel price hike was taken only to divert the attention of the nation from the issue of coal scam in which Congress is neck deep in corruption," he said.
Noting that people are aggrieved with the Centre`s latest moves, Javdekar said the Bharat bandh call given on Thursday will be a "great success because people are suffering and people are angry on this government".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared