`Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships` in Cambridge Univ
New Delhi: A leading college of the
Cambridge university, St John College on Saturday announced three
prestigious `Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships` for PhD students,
each carrying 35,000 pounds for upto three years.
The programme, first launched at the Prime Minister?s
residence in 2007, was set up exclusively for Indian students
who are currently based in India and intends to support those
who wish to pursue PhD and MPhil degrees at St John`s in areas
such as science and technology, economics and social sciences.
Singh studied economics at St John`s college in the
Applications for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships,
for the 2011-12 session, were invited from October 15 and the
closing date is 31 December 2010, a British High Commission
release said here.
Organizations like Rolls-Royce India, BP Foundation
and others have agreed to sponsor this scholarship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital