`Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships` in Cambridge Univ
New Delhi: A leading college of the
Cambridge university, St John College on Saturday announced three
prestigious `Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships` for PhD students,
each carrying 35,000 pounds for upto three years.
The programme, first launched at the Prime Minister?s
residence in 2007, was set up exclusively for Indian students
who are currently based in India and intends to support those
who wish to pursue PhD and MPhil degrees at St John`s in areas
such as science and technology, economics and social sciences.
Singh studied economics at St John`s college in the
Applications for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships,
for the 2011-12 session, were invited from October 15 and the
closing date is 31 December 2010, a British High Commission
release said here.
Organizations like Rolls-Royce India, BP Foundation
and others have agreed to sponsor this scholarship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery