`Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships` in Cambridge Univ
New Delhi: A leading college of the
Cambridge university, St John College on Saturday announced three
prestigious `Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships` for PhD students,
each carrying 35,000 pounds for upto three years.
The programme, first launched at the Prime Minister?s
residence in 2007, was set up exclusively for Indian students
who are currently based in India and intends to support those
who wish to pursue PhD and MPhil degrees at St John`s in areas
such as science and technology, economics and social sciences.
Singh studied economics at St John`s college in the
Applications for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships,
for the 2011-12 session, were invited from October 15 and the
closing date is 31 December 2010, a British High Commission
release said here.
Organizations like Rolls-Royce India, BP Foundation
and others have agreed to sponsor this scholarship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari