`Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships` in Cambridge Univ
New Delhi: A leading college of the
Cambridge university, St John College on Saturday announced three
prestigious `Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships` for PhD students,
each carrying 35,000 pounds for upto three years.
The programme, first launched at the Prime Minister?s
residence in 2007, was set up exclusively for Indian students
who are currently based in India and intends to support those
who wish to pursue PhD and MPhil degrees at St John`s in areas
such as science and technology, economics and social sciences.
Singh studied economics at St John`s college in the
Applications for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships,
for the 2011-12 session, were invited from October 15 and the
closing date is 31 December 2010, a British High Commission
release said here.
Organizations like Rolls-Royce India, BP Foundation
and others have agreed to sponsor this scholarship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'