Drawbacks in enrolment process for issuing Aadhar
New Delhi: The government has identified shortcomings in the enrolment process in issuance of Unique Identification Number (Aadhar).
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh said these have been communicated to Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which is implementing the scheme.
"Based on the feedback of the government, the UIDAI has introduced several measures to overcome these flaws," he informed the Lok Sabha.
However, the minister did not elaborate.
Earlier, then Home Minister P Chidambaram too had raised an alarm over the manner and process followed by UIDAI in issuing Aadhaar cards.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative