DRDO chief briefs PM on Agni-V missile
New Delhi: In the wake of the successful launch of Agni-5 Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM), DRDO chief Dr VK Saraswat on Saturday briefed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the mission and its future development programme.
The meeting at the Prime Minister`s residence lasted for 30 minutes. Dr Saraswat was accompanied by Agni Project Director Avinash Chandra, who has been involved in the development and successful launch of the Agni series missiles, DRDO officials said here.
The over 5000 km-range Agni-5 was launched on Thursday from a test range at Wheeler Island off the coast of Odisha.
Dr Saraswat, while interacting with mediapersons yesterday, had said that the missile had met all its mission objectives and it would be inducted into the service in another two years time.
"Two more tests would be conducted in this year and early next year and after that process will begin to hand over the missile to the Services," he had said.
Congratulating DRDO after the successful launch, the Prime Minister had said that Agni-5 represented another milestone in India`s quest to add to the credibility of its security and preparedness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16