DRDO chief briefs PM on Agni-V missile
New Delhi: In the wake of the successful launch of Agni-5 Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM), DRDO chief Dr VK Saraswat on Saturday briefed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the mission and its future development programme.
The meeting at the Prime Minister`s residence lasted for 30 minutes. Dr Saraswat was accompanied by Agni Project Director Avinash Chandra, who has been involved in the development and successful launch of the Agni series missiles, DRDO officials said here.
The over 5000 km-range Agni-5 was launched on Thursday from a test range at Wheeler Island off the coast of Odisha.
Dr Saraswat, while interacting with mediapersons yesterday, had said that the missile had met all its mission objectives and it would be inducted into the service in another two years time.
"Two more tests would be conducted in this year and early next year and after that process will begin to hand over the missile to the Services," he had said.
Congratulating DRDO after the successful launch, the Prime Minister had said that Agni-5 represented another milestone in India`s quest to add to the credibility of its security and preparedness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you