DRDO chief briefs PM on Agni-V missile
New Delhi: In the wake of the successful launch of Agni-5 Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM), DRDO chief Dr VK Saraswat on Saturday briefed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the mission and its future development programme.
The meeting at the Prime Minister`s residence lasted for 30 minutes. Dr Saraswat was accompanied by Agni Project Director Avinash Chandra, who has been involved in the development and successful launch of the Agni series missiles, DRDO officials said here.
The over 5000 km-range Agni-5 was launched on Thursday from a test range at Wheeler Island off the coast of Odisha.
Dr Saraswat, while interacting with mediapersons yesterday, had said that the missile had met all its mission objectives and it would be inducted into the service in another two years time.
"Two more tests would be conducted in this year and early next year and after that process will begin to hand over the missile to the Services," he had said.
Congratulating DRDO after the successful launch, the Prime Minister had said that Agni-5 represented another milestone in India`s quest to add to the credibility of its security and preparedness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter