DRDO computers `hacked`
New Delhi: The computers of highly-sensitive Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) have reportedly been hacked.
The hacking is suspected to have been carried out by Chinese hackers and there are fears that some sensitive information could have been compromised.
When asked about it, Defence Minister AK Antony said, "Intelligence agencies are investigating the matter at this stage and I do not want to say anything else."
The Minister was asked if the DRDO computer networks containing sensitive information were hacked and if information was compromised.
Commenting on the issue, DRDO spokesperson Ravi Gupta said, "as per our information, no computer or network of the DRDO has been compromised."
In the past also, such incidents have occurred and the Defence Ministry has taken several actions to stop the hacking of sensitive information pertaining to armed forces.
Recently, the Navy had to take action against some of its officers in the Eastern Command after their networks were hacked as they did not follow the standard operating procedures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smartphone shipments in India grew 15% in Q2: Report
- Official Prince tribute concert set for October in Minnesota
- With eye on UP polls, Rahul, Sheila to interact with party workers in Lucknow today
- Dishoom movie review: Varun Dhawan, John Abraham are the new 'bade miyan chhote miyan'!
- Turkey detains 3 top businessmen in probe after coup